For three decades, Xerxes, a ZCL Company, has been an industry leader in the design, manufacture and sale of high-quality, cost-effective Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the Fuels, Water/Wastewater, and Oil & Gas Markets. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water/wastewater, chemicals, and other hazardous and corrosive liquids.
Xerxes is currently recruiting for the role of Molder (2nd Shift or 3rd Shift) based in our Hagerstown (16404 Elliott Pkwy, Williamsport, MD) manufacturing facility. If you are a motivated worker who wants to work for a respectful employer and be part of a supportive team, then Xerxes is the place for you!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Molder is responsible for producing shells, duct, pipe, special molded shapes, and related items for Xerxes' underground storage tanks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Following established procedures to apply material by hand and/or machine to produce standard and nonstandard components and products of quality
- Preparing mold or tool surface properly with release film, wax and other part release products
- Utilizing and understanding of resin, glass, catalyst, mold releases and related materials, and adjusting for changing climatic conditions
- Trimming parts to the proper dimensions based on process sheets, established standards, drawings and verbal instructions
- Inspecting laminate surfaces for defects, imperfections, foreign material or other non-conformance, and correcting as necessary
- Moving parts and components to shipping, holding area or other designated location after inspection by Quality Control
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as Laminator or Molder is preferred
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team
- Ability to learn new tools and equipment, including application gun and cutting tools
- Ability to become familiar with materials and resins used in manufacturing fiberglass reinforced plastics
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to work variable hours including shift work
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
WHAT WE OFFER
We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values each employee. In addition to offering a competitive wage based on your skills and qualifications, you will also be supported with the following benefits:
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Group benefits package
- 401K matching
- Training and development opportunities through ZCL University
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ZCL│XERXES is an equal opportunity employer