Certified Crane Operator
For three decades, Xerxes, a ZCL Company, has been an industry leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of high-quality, cost-effective Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the Fuels, Water/Wastewater, and Oil & Gas Markets. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water/wastewater, chemicals, and other hazardous and corrosive liquids.
Xerxes is currently recruiting to the role of Certified Crane Operator, based in our Anaheim, CA (1210 North Tustin Ave) manufacturing facility. If you are a motivated individual who wants to work for a respectful employer and be part of a supportive team, then Xerxes is the place for you!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Certified Crane Operator is responsible for the safe operation of all lifting equipment for moving tanks, shipping finished product, and maintaining and organizing the shipping yard area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing loads for shipment including, tanks and accessories
- Calculating crane capacity and performing rigging calculations for mobile crane
- Determining load weights through sources
- Safely loading and unloading components for transport
- Transporting tank(s) for storage using company vehicle and transport cart
- Performing pre-operational checks and regular inspections, including slings, shackles, and lifting chains Coordinating the disposal and replacement of defective equipment as required
- Coordinating the shipping schedule with the UST Coordinator and plans approach to each shipment of products
- Performing minor crane maintenance
- Maintaining equipment and tools, ensuring they are in good working condition
- Ensuring work areas and equipment are clean and free of safety hazards
- Maintaining records such as log books, annual certifications, etc.
- Communicating with shipping companies and drivers to coordinate and load shipments
- Storing tanks in the yard and maintaining the tank tracking system
- Assisting with month end inventory counts
- Performing general duties required to complete work, such as debris removal, facility and yard clean up, etc.
- Providing supervision and support to apprentice crane operator as required
- Additional duties as required
- NCCCO Crane Certification is required
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; Suitable experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement
- Valid driver’s license
Crane Operator Expertise
- Experience and knowledge of forklift and crane operations
- Experience with a zoom boom, knuckle boom and scissor lift an asset
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety legislation regarding crane operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical ability
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent visual and depth perception
- Team player with the ability to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of ZCL’s manufacturing process and products an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values each employee. In addition to offering a competitive wage based on your skills and qualifications, you will also be supported with the following benefits:
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Group benefits package
- 401(k) matching
- Training and development opportunities through ZCL University
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ZCL│XERXES is an equal opportunity employer